Thursday, July 25, 2024

ON THE FENCE

A 'fence-sitter' is an indecisive person who wavers between two opinions. It is often a deliberate position one takes in order to appear 'open-minded'. But if this wayward attitude is applied to one's faith ... there are eternal consequences.

For now, you have three options ... live for God, live for the world, or vacillate somewhere between the two. Eventually, those on the fence must accept the truth found in Christ or be judged along with unbelievers. 

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Revelation 3:15-16

Jesus is looking for those who will follow hard after Him (unwavering and tireless in their pursuit). To have a 'sort of in, sort of out' type of faith is not an option. Christ demands total surrender to His Lordship. 

A death to your 'old man' must take place ... I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20)

When you truly love Jesus, you'll allow nothing else to share your allegiance.  

The mind of a mature Christian is completely settled concerning the truths of Scripture (refusing to compromise). He takes Paul's command to heart ... Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a worker who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the Word of Truth. (2 Timothy 2:15) 

If you are on the fence when it comes to the Gospel of Jesus Christ ... I urge you to seek Him while He may be found, accept Him by faith, and allow your sins to be forgiven.  



No comments:

Post a Comment