Tuesday, July 16, 2024

THE COMFORTER

The Holy Spirit convicts, guides, seals, baptizes, regenerates, and sanctifies those who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ. He is the 'Comforter' and comes to live in the heart of every true believer. 

The Son of God promised ... I will pray to the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever;  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. (John 14:16-17)

The title 'Comforter' is translated from the Greek word paraclete, which means 'called to one's side' ... But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. (John 14:26)

He provides the assurance of your future with God ... He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. (John 16:13)

Christ's peace, love, and joy come to us day by day through the indwelling Spirit ... 

My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (John 14:27)

As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. (John 15:9)

These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. (John 15:11).

To have the Third Person of the Trinity as our personal 'paraclete' sets us free to ... Walk in the Spirit, and not gratify the desires of the flesh. (Galatians 5:16)

It is a tremendous blessing to have the Holy Spirit as our Comforter, Encourager, Counselor, and Advocate. 



No comments:

Post a Comment