Saturday, August 31, 2024

BROKEN AND POURED OUT

Jesus and His disciples gathered to eat the Passover meal on the night of His betrayal. The Lord gave thanks, served the bread, and passed the cup ... the symbolism impacts Christians yet today. 

Now while they were eating, Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.” And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you; for this is My blood of the covenant, which is being poured out for many for forgiveness of sins." Matthew 26:26–28

The sufficiency of Christ as the Author and Finisher of our faith is evident ... 

Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him." John 6:53-56

Contrary to Roman Catholic teachings, we understand that Jesus was speaking 'figuratively'. The bread and wine represent the body and blood of Christ, not the literal transformation of the communion elements. You 'eat' Christ's broken body by coming to Him and 'drink' His blood by believing in Him ... And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst." (John 6:35)

We 'partake' of Jesus by trusting that His broken body and shed blood paid the ransom for our sin-laden lives. 

When we surrender to His Lordship, that which took place on Calvary's cross transforms us. Our 'old man' is put to death ... I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. (Galatians 2:20)

Jesus was broken and poured out on your behalf, pilgrim. Don't allow organized 'religion' and the doctrines of men to corrupt the Gospel message, for it is ... Christ in you, the hope of glory. (Colossians 1:27)




No comments:

Post a Comment