Monday, August 19, 2024

STRENGTH TO ENDURE

On the authority of God's Word, believers are supernaturally equipped to do His will ... I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)

Paul found the strength to persevere under the cruelest of conditions ... Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:10)

The Spirit enables us to do that which our fallen nature prevented. We receive the power to believe, the power to repent, and the power to obey. 

Spurgeon - You have said, “What can I do?” But when Christ by his Spirit grips you, what can you not do? There is no corruption, no evil propensity, and no temptation to sin, which the Christian cannot overcome. 

Victory is yours through Christ ... 

For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily, and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power. Colossians 2:10

For it is God who is producing in you both the desire and the ability to do what pleases Him. Philippians 2:13

That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, Ephesians 3:16

The so-called 'name it, claim it' churches have used Philippians 4:13 to promote their misguided teachings. 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me' is not a promise that you'll prosper in all you set your mind on (or somehow be immune to life’s challenges).  

Instead, with eyes fixed on Christ, you will be strengthened to run your spiritual race with endurance ... Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. (Ephesians 6:10)


No comments:

Post a Comment